Since I made my Morrocan Slow-Cooker Stew this week with pumpkin, I took the pumpkin seeds and asked my husband, “Hey, do you like pumpkin seeds?” He responded with, “Yeah, roasted with salt.” So I decided to make them with cinnamon sugar because it’s my kitchen and he’ll eat it anyway.
It’s really simple to make, which is great. The most time intensive part is picking them out and rinsing them off. Once you do that, you just mix them in a bowl, put them on a tray, and spread them out into one layer.
After you’ve done that, roast them at 300 degrees for 40 minutes and voila! Dessert.
Pumpkin seeds (however many you can scavenge from your pumpkin)
3 tbsp butter
Several shakes of cinnamon
Sugar to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Melt butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. Melt 10 seconds at a time as needed until fully liquefied.
- Mix with pumpkin seeds and cinnamon.
- Put wax paper on a baking sheet; pour seed mixture on the paper and spread into one layer.
- Roast for 40 minutes.
- One done, pour into a bowl. Sprinkle sugar over them to taste.
These are fairly calorie-laden, so enjoy with caution. It’s hard to stop once you try them! Definitely not a snack for a weight watcher, but hey, we all have our temptations.